Cyber Security Certificate
A Managerial Approach to Cyber Security
The Cyber Security Certificate program is a part-time, one-year, graduate credit program open to any business professional seeking management-level certification and desiring to learn more about information assurance in the broader field of cybersecurity. The typical candidates are those whose current or future professional responsibilities require them to ensure the security of data in such areas as banking, finance, technology, engineering, human resources, and other fields.
- For managers and leaders
- One year program with graduate credit
- Transferrable to and from the Professional's MBA Program
- January start
- Priority Deadline: Dec. 1; applications accepted on a rolling basis thereafter as space is available
The program is designed to enhance the skills of working professionals through exposure to multiple technologies utilized in cyber security and information assurance; to develop leadership and enterprise-wide strategic thinking in cyber security policy development and procedures; and to produce graduates equipped with both the theoretical and hands-on experience required to be knowledgeable and proficient in cyber security at all management levels.
Learning outcomes for the program include the ability to select and implement security protocols in computer networks for local, national, and multinational organizations; the ability to describe underlying theories and strategies for securing computer networks; and the ability to develop and articulate strategic plans and policies for securing data and computer networks from inside and outside threats.
Graduate Business Programs Information Session
Loyola University Graduate Center--Columbia Campus
8890 McGaw Rd Columbia, MD 21045
Wednesday, September 17, 5:45–7:00 p.m.
Saturday, October 11, 10:00—11:15 a.m.
Wednesday, November 5, 5:30—7:15 p.m. with Test Drive
Loyola University Graduate Center--Timonium Campus
2034 Greenspring Dr Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093
Saturday, September 20, 10:00–11:15 a.m.
Thursday, October 2, 5:45—7:00 p.m
Saturday, October 18, 10:00—11:15 a.m.
Tuesday, October 28, 5:30—7:15 p.m. with Test Drive
Virtual Information Sessions
Wednesday, October 22, 12:00—1:00 p.m.
Tuesday, November 18, 5:00 — 6:00 p.m.
A brief presentation and discussion about Loyola's graduate business programs. Learn about Loyola's convenient full-time, weekend, and evening graduate program formats. We'll discuss admission requirements and application timelines for one of the region's leading, world-ranked business schools. Attendance will waive the $60 application fee.
Biz Break - Graduate Business Programs
Kick start your day and your career -- stop by the Starbucks at 100 E. Pratt Street on the Inner Harbor to pick up information on our wide range of graduate business programs: multiple MBA formats, and specialized programs in Finance, Accounting, and Cyber Security. We'll be serving pastries, and admissions advisors will be on hand to answer your questions.
- Tuesday, September 30, 7:30—9:00 a.m. Starbucks at 100 E. Pratt Street on the Inner Harbor
POSSIBLE CAREER PATHS
Click on the links for more information on jobs and Standard Occupational Codes (SOC) related to this program:
ESTIMATED PROGRAM COSTS
- Program tuition and fees: $13,825.00*
- Program books and supplies: $750.00*
- On-campus room and board: Not offered
*Note: Costs for the program, including tuition, fees, books, and supplies, are estimated based on academic year 2013-14 rates.
- Financing options: Refer to the office of financial aid website.
- Median debt for program graduates: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2012-13, this information may not be disclosed.
- Program length: This 15-credit program is designed to take 12 months (Spring-Summer-Fall) to complete.
- Percentage of graduates who completed this program in the time defined above: Due to privacy regulations, since fewer than 10 students completed the program in 2012-13, this information may not be disclosed.
- Job placement rate for this program: Since the job placement rate is not required by an accrediting body nor by the State of Maryland, this information is not available.
(Download this information)