Admission - Accounting Certificate
Summer Entry Only: May 1*
*At the discretion of the department, applications will continue to be reviewed after the application deadline on a space-available basis.
The Accounting Certificate program is not available for international students.
The following documents are required for admission to the Accounting Certificate program:
- Application form
- Non-refundable fee of $60
- Essay/personal statement outline your interest and goals in pursuing a graduate program
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores. Report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service. Scores must be from test administrations within five years of the application deadline. Loyola's institution code is 5370.
Note: Applicants who have already taken the GRE revised General Test (August 2011 and later) may supply this score in lieu of the GMAT. Report must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (www.ets.org). Scores will be converted using the GRE Comparison Tool for Business Schools produced by the ETS.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary colleges or universities attended. This includes transcripts from part-time study and from institutions that have awarded the applicant a bachelor's master's, or doctoral degree or an advanced certificate.
NOTE: Applicants who hold degrees or have earned credits from non-U.S. institutions (not study abroad programs) must have a course-by course evaluation and translation done by a Loyola recognized evaluation services agency. Loyola recommends World Education Services (www.wes.org).
- One professional letter or recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- TOEFL Score Report
Note: An official TOEFL score report is required if English is not your native language or if you have not completed a degree program taught in English. Scores cannot be more than two years old. Official scores must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Service. Loyola's institution code is 5370.
Supplemental application materials should be forwarded directly to the Office of Graduate Admission via mail or email:
Loyola University Maryland
Graduate Admission Processing Center
P.O. Box 1447
Beltsville, MD 20704
Questions about the application or admission process may be directed to the Office of Graduate Business Programs at (410) 617-5067 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that a completed application and all supplemental materials are received by the application deadline. Supplemental materials, once received, become the property of Loyola University Maryland and cannot be returned.
Applicants must possess an undergraduate degree in accounting. Students who are scheduled to graduate in May are eligible to apply in the January preceding graduation.
Competitive candidates will possess a strong GPA and GMAT scores. The GMAT may be waived with a 3.2 GPA in accounting courses and an overall 3.4 GPA. Such a waiver is available only for accounting graduates of Loyola and other AACSB-International-accredited accounting programs.
Learn more about the estimated costs, related standard occupations, and normal completion time for the accounting certificate program.