The Office of Student Life strives to support the healthy and holistic development of all students. Open to Sophomore, Juniors, and Senior, Upper-Class Substance Free Community offers a space for those students who genuinely desire to live in an environment where all residents and their guests agree to keep the area free of all alcohol, drugs, and tobacco products. Residents agree to create an environment in which they are respectful of one another and, as a result, foster a living atmosphere that is respectful of healthy lifestyles. Members of the community also have the opportunity to work with their Resident Assistants to plan activities and outing that promote a positive community.
Members of the Substance Free Community must agree to the following:
- I will, at no time while physically present in my assigned living space or community possess or consume alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, illegal drugs, prescription drugs that are not prescribed for me, or other related unhealthy substances.
- I will not return to my community or assigned living space after having consumed alcoholic beverages or other substances to the point at which I am intoxicated or my judgment is impaired in any way. I will not return to my assigned living space or community smelling of smoke or alcohol.
- I will, at no time, allow my guests to possess and/or consume any of the substances described above while present in my community or in my assigned living space and I will be responsible for the conduct of my guests at all times while they are present. I will not allow my guests to be present in my community or assigned living space after having consumed alcoholic beverages or other substances to the point at which they are intoxicated or their judgment is impaired in any way. I will also not allow my guests to return to my assigned living space or community smelling like smoke or alcohol.
- I understand that any violations of the above stated regulations may result in one or more of the following penalties, in addition to any other judicial sanctions which are appropriate for that offense:
- Attending a meeting with roommates and a Student Life representative to discuss the violation and expectations for future behavior.
- Removal from the Substance Free/Healthy Living area with room reassignment to be determined by the Office of Student Life.
- Performing civility hours specific to the mission and goals of Substance Free Housing.
- I will act responsibly and proactively to preserve and protect the special atmosphere of this substance free/healthy living community.
Please click here for 2014-2015 application.