Welcome to Loyola University Maryland’s Emergency Preparedness website. In order to respond effectively to natural and manmade disasters, Loyola has created an Emergency Management Team that develops and maintains our Comprehensive Emergency Operations Plan (CEOP). Our goal is to make Loyola University the most disaster resilient institution possible. However, to be successful we need everyone’s participation in the process. We encourage all members of the Loyola community to personally prepare for future emergencies and to become familiar with the information and resources available on this website.
Four Steps that Everyone Should Take in an Emergency
- Be aware of your surroundings. Paying attention to what is happening around you can help you understand how information, events, and your own actions will impact your safety and your ability to protect yourself, both now and in the near future.
- Protect yourself. Based upon your assessment of the situation, use your best judgment to protect yourself and, if possible, others.
- Call for help. Emergency services can be summoned by contacting campus police at 410-617-5911 or by using one of the many blue light emergency phones located throughout campus.
- Help others. Once you are safely away from danger, warn others of the hazard and help if you can without putting yourself in harm’s way.
Important Contact Information
For general campus emergencies please call (410) 617-5911 or 5911 from any campus phone.
Other important contacts:
- Student Health and Education Services, 410-617-5055, Seton Court 02A
- Counseling Center, 410-617-2273, Humanities Suite 150
- Dean of Students, 410-617-2842, Jenkins Hall 110
- Escort Services, 410-617-5566, 5104 York Road 2nd Floor
- Disability Support Services, 410-617-2062, Newman Towers West 107