The purpose of these services is to assist faculty, staff, and administrators in their efforts to respond to students in distress by providing the following:
- information about student problems
- information on the important role faculty, administrators, and staff play in responding to student problems
- tips on how to respond to student problems
- helping a student who has an ill loved one or has experienced a loss
- information about professional resources on campus that assist students with problems
- guidelines on how to make a referral to a mental health professional
Watch some brief videos on recognizing and dealing with worrisome student behavior (NOTE: these videos were developed by Penn State University and the resources they provide are for their community).