What is advocacy?
The act or process of giving active support for an idea or cause in order to influence political, social, or economic outcomes.
Why advocacy matters?
Because system tends to be unjust.
How to advocate effectively?
- Written contact: Letters, petitions, social media campaigns
- Media: Letters to the editor, op-ed, earned media, press-conferences, Spokespeople or pictures
- In-person meetings
- Assembly: Rallies, protests, marches
- Awareness: Ads, canvassing
- And if the going gets really tough – legal action or divestment