Instructions, Qualification, and Expectations
Thank you for your interest in Campus Ministry! We are grateful for your desire to serve our office and the Loyola community as a Campus Ministry intern during the 2015-2016 year.
Please read the following instructions thoroughly and carefully in order to be fully informed of the process for application and the expectations set forth for all selected interns.
Applications are due on March 12, 2015 at 5 p.m.
All applicants must:
- Be rising sophomores, juniors, or seniors
- Possess a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Complete the Internship Application online and schedule an interview with Campus Ministry staff
- Students who are Juniors that are going abroad at any point during the 2015-2016 academic year (who have not previously served as a CM intern) may not apply.
If you are selected and choose to accept the Campus Ministry Intern position, you must:
- Decline positions as RA’s, EPC’s or Service Coordinators
- Commit to working approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Maintain or improve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 throughout the internship
And participate in the following activities:
- August 2015 Intern Training and Retreat
- Winter Formation Overnight
- September: Mass of the Holy Spirit
- December: Lessons & Carols
- April: RCIA Initiation Mass
- Weekly mentoring with staff supervisors
- Regular commitment to personal prayer and spiritual development
- A willingness to articulate your faith life in word and action
After reading the above information, we encourage you to spend time discerning whether a Campus Ministry internship is appropriate for you at this time given our expectations and your additional commitments and responsibilities. Please review the job descriptions.
There are four steps to the application process:
Step One: Educate yourself—Take a look at the expectations and qualifications, look at the job descriptions, take a look at the essay questions.
Step Two: Prayerful discernment. Make sure that you have prayed on the decision to apply. This role is not a "student leader" position only, it is also a "student minister" role which challenges students to lead others in claiming their faith and evangelizing the Loyola community.
Step Three: If you choose to move forward apply online. Complete the application, email the essay, and request your professional reference (the reference will then receive an email to fill out). All documents must be in by March 12, at 5 p.m.
Step Four: If you are requested to do so in an email, you would then participate in-person interview. Once we receive those required documents, you may be selected to visit Cohn Hall to schedule an in-person interview between March 16-20.
*We are grateful for your interest in our Intern program. Once all applications have been submitted, they will be reviewed by a selection committee. Candidates who are strongly suited for the positions will be invited to interview. Due to the large number of applications received, we are not able to offer every applicant an interview.
**If you will be abroad during the spring of 2015, You must fill out the online application with all of the necessary information (including selecting that you will be abroad in spring 2015). Once all of your application materials have been reviewed, we will be contacting you in regards to scheduling a Skype interview. If you have any questions, please contact Anne McSweeney at email@example.com.
Please select the application pool that most closely relates to you: