Rostro de Cristo (The Face of Christ) is a faith based immersion experience that invites members from the Loyola community to live among and be intentionally present to individuals living in Duran, Ecuador. The main purpose is to challenge young people to follow the example of Jesus by living among the materially poor and working to recognize the face of Christ in them.
Dates: June 1-8, 2013
Support the the 2013 Immersion Group(Nikki, Mustafa, Cathy, Syndey, Patrick, Amanda, Laura, Rafael, Marcello, & Jelly). Donate Here
This application process is open to Loyola undergraduate and graduate students only.
Goals for the Immersion Group
- Engage in a ministry of presence that welcomes solidarity with the local community;
- Educate the Loyola Community about the economic, historic, and socio-political issues that face the individuals of Duran, Ecuador;
- Explore how a lived faith and spirituality plays into the work for a just world;
- Seek out social justice and social action efforts that reflect a desire to eliminate injustice in our world abroad and at home.
How to Apply
- Completed Applications are due November 5 by 5pm;
- Be ready to submit two references with your application.
- Applications will be available at the beginning of the Academic Year, 2012;
- There will be two information sessions in October before the applications are due. Time & Location is TBD.
The cost of the program is a $250 deposit by each student selected to be a member of the delegation. Each individual student is expected to fundraise an additional $1,000 to be a part of the delegation. Fundraising is the responsibility of the team as a whole, and is not placed solely on the burden of the team member.
For more information, please contact Patrick Range, assistant director of Campus Ministry, email@example.com.