Faculty and Student Spotlight
Dr. Sally Gallena, Ph.D., CCC-SLP, assistant professor, had an article on Test-Retest Reliability of Respiratory Resistance Measured with the Airflow Perturbation Device in the Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research. See the article here.
Recent Publications and Accolades
- Ms. Andrea Atticks, coordinator of adult neurogenics and of the Cognitive Enrichment Language Lab at the Loyola Clinical Centers, had an article published in the ASHA Leader on apps for adult clients. Check out the article here.
- Ms. Erin Stauder, clinical faculty member and graduate of Loyola, was invited by ASHA to blog about her work with Expanding Horizons: Broadway Kids. Read about her experience starting the group here.
- Ms. Jennifer Anderson, Ms. Jacqueline Hewitt, and Ms. Gabrielle Miller (Class of 2013) for presenting at the 2013 Emerging Scholars: A Celebration of Graduate Research held at Loyola on April 19, 2013.
- Ms. Anne Spinelli, Speech-Language Pathology graduate Class of 2013, was awarded the Dr. Bernard A. Saltysiak Medal for Clinical Excellence in Speech-Language Pathology and a $1,500 scholarship at the Emerging Scholars event. This prestigious award, decided by the clinical faculty in the Speech-Language Pathology Department, was developed by the late Elaine Saltysiak, a former beloved faculty member, in honor of her husband, Dr. Bernard A. Saltysiak. The award medal is given to a graduating student who demonstrates exceptional clinical skills across both years of practica.
- Ms. Megan Hession, Speech-Language Pathology graduate Class of 2014, was awarded a $1,000 scholarship from the Maryland Speech-Language-Hearing Association in April 2013.
- Congratulations to Class of 2013 graduate, Ms. Stephanie Sadaphal, who was hired as a bilingual speech-language pathologist at the Kennedy Krieger Center for Autism and Related Disorders. Ms. Sadaphal will help CARD to serve their Spanish-speaking families more effectively and increase services to the spanish-speaking community in Baltimore City.
Have information to share? Please email us.